Thursday, October 05, 2006

MIA ROBERT CULPA

Ignore that headline. It is vaguely relevent, but really just a self-indulgent and pointless play on words. But, down to business:

Apologies for posting the same Foley blahblahblah two days in a row, but from my end, it didn't come up on the page either day after posting, and I reacted precipitously, as is my wont and predeliction and oh shit I dropped the thesaurus.

Anyway, it's posted now, and for your patience, I offer this observation:

I mentioned recently to Gloria the rather extravagant and even breathless reviews that the new Dylan release has been getting, and how I hadn't bought a new Dylan recording since "Live At Budokan" back in the early 80s, and so she bought his latest when we were recently up for a frolic in Mendocino, and I have to say that if you are heading out from Mendo of a sunny morning southward on Highway 1, you would be challenged to put a better piece of music on the CD player than "Modern Times," which is the name of the Dylan newbie.

But this is all intro to my central point. Which is, and I'm amazed that nobody else has noted this...

Bob Dylan sounds exactly...EXACTLY the way Keith Richards looks.

Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger ....J.Michael Robertson said...

Welcome back. You were missed. You are a cup of sunshine in this house.

October 5, 2006 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home