Friday, July 21, 2006

THE TIES THAT BIND

I was cleaning out some old files and ran across this item that I had sent to Playboy a year ago, even as I knew full well that it would cause them to reach for the wolfbane and garlic. All I can say, fellow males, is: Be very very afraid. This is what I think they utimately mean by getting in touch with your feelings.


"I’m currently reading about the Huichol tribe of Mexico. They seem to have an excellent understanding and empathy between the sexes. In their culture, when a woman goes into labour, they tie a string around her husband’s testicles. As the pain of her contractions begins to increase in intensity, she regularly tugs on the string, so her beloved can share some of the agony with her. Sounds fair enough to me." -- Fiona McCade, News.Scotsman.com, 4/27/05.

1 Comments:

Blogger ....J.Michael Robertson said...

Finally, an old wives tale that really is an old wives tale.

July 21, 2006 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home